Important: If providing your own Artist Apple ID during the submission process,
Please be sure that you are providing the ARTIST APPLE ID and NOT the ALBUM APPLE ID.
An Artist Apple ID is a unique identifier for a specific Artist in Apple Music / iTunes.
...then you already have an Artist Apple ID. If you don't know your Artist Apple ID, you can find out what it is by doing the following:
- Load Apple Music on your specific device.
- Search for your artist name and continue to the artist's page in Apple Music.
- Click on the ". . ." link on your artist page and click on "Share Artist -> Copy Link".
- Paste the link in any text editor or browser and you will see a URL containing your artist name and Apple ID.
- The numbers after the last back slash in the URL are your Artist Apple ID.
- Please be sure that you are providing the Artist Apple ID and NOT the Album Apple ID. They can look incredibly similar!
For example, here is the URL for the Artist page in Apple for the artist, Leucadia:
The number "1179496564" at the end of the link is the unique Artist Apple ID for Leucadia.
It is imperative that if you provide an Artist Apple ID during the album submission process, that you provide the correct one, otherwise your content could be mapped to the wrong artist page and create a real headache for the other artist or create customer confusion.*
Please note that intentionally providing the wrong Artist Apple ID will not be tolerated by Catapult and your account could be subject to termination if this type of abuse takes place.
If you are a new artist and have never had any content sold in Apple Music or iTunes...
...then no problem at all.